- Field grade or 90% concentrated (specific gravity of 1.48)
- Drug store (oil of mirbane)
- Chemical supply house
- Industries (used as solvent)
- Glass, clay, etc.
An explosive munition can be made from rnononitrobenezene and nitric acid. It is a simple explosive to prepare. Just pour the mono- nitrobenzene into the acid and stir.
- Nitric acid
- Mononitrobenzene (also known as nitrobenzene)
- Acid resistant measuring containers
- Acid resistant mixing rod
- Blasting cap
- Steel pipe, end cap and tape
- Bottle or jar
NOTE: Prepare mixture just before use.
1. Add 1 volume (cup, quart, etc.) mononitrobenzene to 2 volumes nitric acid in bottle or jar.
2. Mix ingredients well by stirring with acid resistant rod.
CAUTION: Nitric acid will burn skin and destroy clothing. If any is spilled, wash off immediately with large amount of water. Nitrobenzene is toxic; do not inhale fumes.
HOW TO USE:
1. Wax blasting cap, pipe and end cap,
2. Thread end cap onto pipe.
4. Insert and tape blasting cap just beneath surface of mixture.
NOTE: Combining the open end of the pipe will add to the effectiveness of the explosive.