A 9 mm pistol can be made from 1/4″ steel gas or water pipe and fittings.
- 1/4M nominal size steel pipe 4 to 6 inches long with threaded ends. 1/4″
- Solid pipe plug Two (2) steel pipe couplings Metal strap - roughly 1/8″ x 1/4″ x 5″
- Two (2) elastic bands Flat head nail - 6D or 8D (approx 1/16″ diameter)
- Two (2) wood screws #8
- Wood 8″ x 5″ x 1″
- 1/4″ wood or metal rod, (approx 8″ long)
1. Carefully inspect pipe and fittings.
b. Make sure that there are NO cracks or other flaws in the pipe or fittings.
c. Check inside diameter of pipe using a 9 mm cartridge as a gauge. The bullet should closely fit into the pipe without forcing but the cartridge case SHOULD NOT fit into pipe.
d. Outside diameter of pipe MUST NOT BE less than 1 1/2 times bullet diameter (. 536 inches; 1. 37 cm)
2. Drill a 9/16″ (1.43 cm) diameter hole 3/8″ (approximately 1 cm) into one coupling to remove the thread.
Drilled section should fit tightly over smooth section of pipe.
3. Drill a 25/64″ (1 cm) diameter hole 3/4″ (1. 9 cm) into pips. Use cartridge as a gauge; when a cartridge is inserted into the pipe, the base of the case should be even cm) with the end of the pipe. Thread coupling tightly onto pips, drilled and first.
4. Drill a hole in the center of the pipe plug just urge enough for the nail to fit through.
HOLE MUST BE CENTERED IN PLUG.
9. Slide the pipe through this hole and attach front coupling. Screw drilled plug into rear coupling.
NOTE: If 9/16″ drill is not avail¬able cut a “V” groove in the top of the stock and tape pipe securely in place.
SAFETY CHECK - TEST FIRE PISTOL BEFORE HAND FIRING
1. Locate a barrier such as a stone wall or large tree which you can stand behind in case the pistol ruptures when fired.
2. Mount pistol solidly to a table or other rigid support at least ten feet in front of the barrier.
3. Attach a cord to the firing strap on the pistol.
4. .Holding the other end of the cord, go behind the barrier.
5. Pull the cord so that the firing strap is held back.
6. Release the cord to fire the pistol. (If pistol does not fire, shorten the elastic bands or increase their number. )
IMPORTANT: Fire at least five rounds from behind the barrier and then re-inspect the pistol before you attempt to hand fire it.
HOW TO OPERATE PISTOL
1. To Load
a.Remove plug from rear coupling.
2. To Fire
a. Pull strap back and hold with thumb until ready.
b. Release strap.
3. To Remove Shell Case
a. Remove plug from rear coupling.
b. Insert 1/4″ diameter steel or wooden rod into front of pistol and push she case out.