An explosive munition can be made from sodium chlorate combined with granular sugar, or aluminum powder. This explosive can be detonated with a No. 8 commercial or a Military J-2 blasting cap.
- Sodium chlorate
- Granular sugar
- Aluminum powder
- Wooden rod or stick
- Bottle or jar
- Blasting cap
- Steel pipe (threaded at one end), end cap and tape
- Measuring container (cup, quart, etc.)
- Section I, No. 23
- Food store
- Paint store
1. Add three volumes (cups, quarts, etc.) sodium chlorate to one volume aluminum, or two granular sugar, in bottle or jar.
2. Mix ingredients well by stirring with the wooden rod or stick.
HOW TO USE:
1. Wax blasting cap, pipe and end cap.
2. Thread end cap onto pipe.
3. Pour mixture into pipe.
4. Insert end tape blasting cap just beneath surface of mixture
NOTE: Confining the open end of the pipe will add to the effectiveness of the explosive.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Sodium Chlorate and Sugar or Aluminum Explosive,