An explosive munition can be made from sodium chlorate combined with granular sugar, or aluminum powder. This explosive can be detonated with a No. 8 commercial or a Military J-2 blasting cap.
- Sodium chlorate
- Granular sugar
- Aluminum powder
- Wooden rod or stick
- Bottle or jar
- Blasting cap
- Steel pipe (threaded at one end), end cap and tape
- Measuring container (cup, quart, etc.)
- Section I, No. 23
- Food store
- Paint store
1. Add three volumes (cups, quarts, etc.) sodium chlorate to one volume aluminum, or two granular sugar, in bottle or jar.
HOW TO USE:
1. Wax blasting cap, pipe and end cap.
2. Thread end cap onto pipe.
3. Pour mixture into pipe.
NOTE: Confining the open end of the pipe will add to the effectiveness of the explosive.